A four day Spring course with Barefoot Opera Thursday 20 – Sunday 23 April 2023 inclusiveBarefoot Studio, 93 Endwell Road, London SE4 2NF and Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Rd,London SE14 5TY
About the Course
‘Rediscover, reconnect, revitalise’ – our four-day Intensive Course in April 2023 offers a chance to reconnect with and explore all the tools you already have at your disposal as a singer and learn some new ones to complement and enhance your power of expression.
Content of the course
The days begin with group work to differentiate and integrate body, voice and movement
Themed group workshops are then interspersed with individual slots in informal masterclasses, accompanied by our Music staff.
Examples of workshops:
- Rehabilitative somatic movement practice, breath and voicework to support singers re-entering the profession after interruption – for example, after Covid, childbirth, injury, or managing ongoing health conditions
- Playful drama workshops explore how we can use text and intention in our performances as singers.
- Audition technique workshop examines how to integrate and access our skills in a pressurised setting
- One day will be devoted to the staging and performing of a pre-agreed operatic aria of your choice.
- You will be invited to bring at least two other pieces of your own choice to work on during the course.
As well as the above, you can expect to:
- Find exercises to free up your movement and its communicative power
- Find exercises to balance your breath and sound, creating optimal personal resonance
- Develop ways to connect to the space around you with presence and imagination
- Receive individual feedback and bespoke consultation
- Jenny Miller: Voice & Drama
- Penelope Randall-Davis: Voice
- Lesley Anne Sammons , Nicholas Bosworth, Laurence Panter : Repetiteurs/Coaches
- Alexandra Baybutt: Movement Specialist