Barefoot Opera bring their inventive, exuberant ensemble style to Rossini’s comic masterpiece, Il Barbiere di Siviglia, (The Barber of Seville).
Sung in Italian with English surtitles, fully staged and with our famous ‘Barefoot Band’ led by Lesley Anne Sammons, our young singers will dazzle and delight you with their style and charisma.
Figaro the barber is played by Oscar Castellino, who has just completed a full scholarship with the Welsh National Opera Academy and Rozanna Madylus alternates with Monique Klongtruadroke as lively, richly toned Rosinas.
Rossini’s music has been compared to “the best champagne”, so come along to indulge in the bubbles and enjoy the comedy, as Rosina (spoiler alert) successfully manoeuvres her way out of her revolting guardian’s toils and into the arms of a gorgeous young Count.
Directed by Jenny Miller, and on tour to Hastings, London, Oxford, Maidenhead and the Wooburn Arts Festival.
DATES & VENUES
- Maidenhead: Thursday 26th Sept, 7:30pm, Norden Farm
- Shoreham-on-Sea: Saturday 28th Sept, 7:30pm, Ropetackle Arts Centre
- Battle: Friday 4th October, 7:30pm, St Mary’s Church, Battle Festival
- London: Tuesday 8th October, 7:30pm, St Giles Cripplegate
- London: Wednesday 9th October, 7:30pm, St Giles Cripplegate
- Bourne End: Friday 11th October, 7:30pm, Wooburn Arts Festival
- Oxford: Friday 18th October, 7:30pm, Wolfson Hall
- Hastings: Sunday 20th October, 7:30pm, St Mary in the Castle
- Hastings: Saturday 26th October, 7:30pm, St Mary in the Castle
Rosina: Rozanna Madylus / Monique Klongtruadroke
Fiorello: Matthew Mahoney
Figaro: Oscar Castellino
Conte: Jack Roberts
Basilio: Andrew Sparling
Bartolo: Jon Openshaw
Berta: Sarah Dunbar / Dora Sorrentino